August 3, 2012
August 3, 2012
- Macaroni Kid -THE Local Premier Parenting Resource
- Fireflies to Light Up the Night
- Watch for It in mid-August!
- Top Gymnasts Visit Seattle This Fall
- Brother & Sister Working Together...
- Olympics: DIY Medals
- Olympics: Torch Snack & Activity
- This Week's Picks
- This Week's Calendar
- Teen Scene
- Plan Ahead
- Daytime Adventures for Kids and Parents!
- Olympics Trivia
- Olympic Torch
- Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor's Porch Day
...to make a difference
By: Shaymus and Enjoli
Hello, we are Shaymus and Enjoli, a brother and sister in Kitsap who wanted to make a difference in wish children's lives. We are doing the Walk for Wishes®, a fundraising event for the Make-A-Wish Foundation® where we raise money and then walk a 5K. Make-A-Wish® is a non-profit charity that grants wishes of children that have life threatening illnesses. Our mom is a wishgranting volunteer, so we have been able to see how these wishes bring so much happiness to these kids and change their lives! So that's why we are trying to raise as much as we can!!
Last year we raised $500 by ourselves. So far this year we have pledges of $300. We have a goal to meet and try to beat our record of $500. We can only reach it with your help!
There are two ways you can help:
1. You can go to our Walk for Wishes® teampage here and make any size donation. You can watch an inspirational video of a wish kid there too.
2. Godfathers in Port Orchard had agreed to help us fundraise for our team by giving a portion of it's sales on August 15th from 11:30am - 9pm. You need this flyer for it to count toward the fundraising. The sales count to go eat there, or pick up orders. Delivery orders do not count. So if you like pizza please come help our team. The more you eat the more it helps, so bring your friends and family for a night of pizza!!!
Thanks for your support and donations!!!! We will let Macaroni Kid know how much we raised total this year for our team so they can pass the information along to their readers!
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC