September 14, 2012
September 14, 2012
- Fall Events Aplenty in Kitsap!
- Local Mom Takes Photos to Cherish
- The Fab Five Are Coming to Seattle!
- Family Fun Day at the Farm!
- A Battle Plan for Consignment Shopping
- FREE Family Fun!
- This Week's Picks
- This Week's Calendar
- Teen Scene
- Plan Ahead
- Child Passenger Safety Week
- We have a Winner!
- We Have a Winner!!
- Saving Money and the Environment!
Announcing the winner of 4 tickets to the Puyallup Fair!
Congraulations, Wendy M.! You won a family 4-pack of tickets to The Puyallup Fair! We hope you enjoy this fun family event that is worth the drive from Kitsap County! Star-studded entertainment, the PRCA Rodeo, rides, exhibits, food, flowers and animals are mainstays of the 17-day event in September. Plus, there's free face painting, petting farm, fair food, SillyVille with a Let's Pretend Pirate Adventure, giant pumpkins, free trout fishing pond, a world of music, stormtroopers, magicians, and so much more!
Puyallup Fair Dates
Through September 23, 2012
9 a.m. – 10 p.m. Sunday
10 a.m. – 10 p.m. Monday – Thursday
9 a.m. – 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday
Youth (6-18 years) $9.00
Seniors (62+) $9.00
Five and under Always Free
New features this year for kids:
• Rainforest Adventure exhibit (Daily): Walk through and experience an authentic tropical rainforest atmosphere, complete with toucans, anacondas, snapping turtles, and geckos. Naturalists and interpreters will be on hand. Free with admission.
• Our Body: The Universe Within exhibit (Sept. 8-23 - Sa-Su): The exhibit is a fascinating, artful and educational exhibit consisting of actual human bodies and organs. Additional entry fee.
• Fireworks Spectacular (Fridays, Sept. 14, 21) - Starting at approximately 10 p.m.
Tradition is still a strong part of the Fair, since both the 4-H and FFA State Fairs are held at the same time. Other popular favorites include animal shows, grange displays, home arts cooking contests and quilts, the International Photo Exhibition that draws entries from all corners of the globe, Hobby Hall, floral designs, and rides.
FREE admission on Mlitary Monday are Sept. 17, offering FREE gate admission to all active, reserve and retired military and National Guard and their dependents, plus disabled veterans when each shows valid military ID at the Fair gate.
Discount Gate and Ride Savings
Season passes are sold at Walgreens for $29.50 for adults and $19.50 for students (ages 6-18 years), and include other special savings. Advance gate admission tickets are available through Sept. 23 at participating Walgreens and Safeway stores in western Washington, while supplies last:At Gate Advance
Adults $12.50 $9.00
Students (6-18) $9.00 $7.50
Seniors (62 yrs.+) $9.00 $7.50
Kids (5 & under) ALWAYS FREE
Ride deals featured this year include:
• Value Packs are sold at Fred Meyer through Sept. 7 for $34.95, and include two gate tickets, any six Funtastic rides (excludes Extreme Scream), 10 food bucks, and a 2-for-1 coupon for the 1 p.m. rodeo on Sept. 8.
•Monday Madness – Sept. 10 only. Enjoy half-off savings on Funtastic Midway or SillyVille rides, games and select food items. The Extreme Scream is only $7.50.
•Extreme Deal – Ride the Extreme Scream for only $7.50, Mondays – Thursdays, Sept. 17-20.
•Comcast Dizzy Pass Ride Bracelet – Get unlimited rides on Midway and SillyVille rides for just $27.50 on all rides (except Extreme Scream), plus one free game. The Dizzy Pass is valid Mon.-Thur. (Sept. 17-20). Purchase at www.thefair.com.
Have your say
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC