Clear contact paper
Brown craft paper
- Take a walk outside and collect fall leaves with your child.
- Trace a tree trunk with branches onto brown craft paper and cut it out.
- Place the contact paper on a glass window or door held by a tape. Note that the sticky side of the contact paper should be facing your child.
- Guide your child to place the tree trunk in the middle of the contact paper.
- Let your child fill the contact paper with fall leaves, both on the tree branches and falling to the ground.
- Step back and admire your work.
- Science Experiment Bonus (Optional):
- Use another piece of contact paper to cover the tree and observe how the color of the leaves changes from bright orange or yellow to brown. Make a hypothesis (the scientific word for guess) about how long you think it will take, record your predication and then see how close you are to guessing correctly.